Using an MPEG4 format, iVocab Syriac will help advanced students in their reading of the Syriac New Testament through the use of vocabulary flashcards. Designed to work with the Apple iPod and iPhone line of digital media players, it also can be used on desktop and laptop computers using iTunes and on many other digital media players and video capable cell phones.
- Frequency Lists
- Prepared lists working from high to low frequency words
- All lexical items occurring 10 times or more in the Syriac New Testament
- More than 800 unique flashcards
- Vocabulary by book
- Vocabulary lists for each book created from the master frequency lists
- Reading passages
- Alphabetical index
- Automatically generated review lists
- Instruction files included in package
- Ability to mark vocabulary from confident to unknown
- Ability to shuffle lists
J. Michael Thigpen is completing his PhD in Hebraic and Cognate Studies at Hebrew Union College. He has taught Hebrew on both the undergraduate and graduate levels.