Kregel Publications does not accept unsolicited material for review. We do, however, review summaries from The Writers' Edge and Christian Manuscript Submissions regularly. These manuscript-screening services provide an opportunity for you to share your proposal with over 40 Christian publishers simultaneously for a moderate fee. We also accept query letters from professional literary agents. A listing of agents is available in Sally Stuart's Christian Writers' Market Guide.
Please consider this list of resources as you seek publication:
- The Writer's Edge—This manuscript-screening service sends a monthly listing of proposal summaries to Christian publishers. Their website is www.WritersEdgeService.com. They can also be contacted by email at email@example.com or mail at PO Box 1266, Wheaton, IL 60189. There is a fee for this service.
- Christian Manuscripts Submissions—Located at www.christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com it is an opportunity to share your proposal with the member publishers of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association. There is a fee for this service.
- The Christian Writer's Market Guide—This book by Jerry B. Jenkins, offering insight into individual publishers' requirements and product lines, as well as a list of literary agents, can be found in your local library.
- The Christian Communicator Manuscript Critique Service—This service is offered by a professional editorial staff whose goal is to help Christian writers gain the necessary tools to polish and improve their writing skills. Please feel free to contact them for more details: Susan Titus Osborn, 3133 Puente Street, Fullerton CA 92835 714-990-1532, email: Susanosb@aol.com
- American Christian Writers—An organization providing classes, conferences, critique services, correspondence courses, and marketing information can be reached by calling: 800-21-WRITE, or writing: American Christian Writers, PO Box 110390, Nashville TN 37222-0390. Their website is www.ACWriters.com
With a surge in unsolicited submissions in recent years and the relatively few works that have been published as a result of unsolicited material, Kregel has decided that these services provide the most efficient and helpful alternative to unsolicited mailings. Any submissions received from unknown sources will be returned to the sender unopened. If there is no return address, such packages will be discarded.
Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Award Winner
Kregel Publications is pleased to announce that Flame in the Night: A Novel of WWII France by Heather Munn has been recognized as a Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards winner.