Publication date: 9-22-2004
Imprint: Kregel Ministry
A Practical Guide for the Pastor
Is the public invitation to accept Christ a vital part of your preaching ministry?
Dr. R. Alan Streett provides practical and biblical models to revitalize the altar call in this expanded 2nd edition of The Effective Invitation. Dr. Streett traces the historical practice of the public invitation from the New Testament to contemporary preachers and evangelists. Various models and principles for effective invitations are provided and can be adapted to many different ministry styles. Included are:
* New! Illustrations and biblical references on repentance and faith
* New! An examination of objections to the invitation
* Guidelines for reaching children and teens
* Suggestions for using music with invitations
* Contemporary invitation models
This unique resource will help pastors, evangelists, and Bible teachers clearly and effectively invite others to follow Christ.
R. Alan Streett, Ph.D., has served as a pastor and church planter. He is chairman and professor of evangelism at The Criswell College, Dallas, Texas, and he also serves as editor of the Criswell Theological Review.